Saturday, February 14, 2009

TRIP TO WASHINGTON DC






Last weekend My sister came to visit! We had a lot of fun. We thought it would be a good opportunity to take her to Washington DC. It was so neat to see the Capital, White House, Washington Monument, and Abraham Lincoln's Memorial. Matt had a great time because he loves History, he spent hours in Thomas Jeffersons Library in the Library of Congress. We Walked for hours going from one sight to another. We also went into Virginia to see Arlington national cemetary. We got to see the switching of the guards and JFK grave sight. I couldn't believe how many grave sights were there. We had a really great time and it was a very moving to see the orignal copy of The Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and the US Constitution.

We hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!

6 comments:

Danilee and Kaden said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. What a great opportunity.

Seth and Angie said...

How fun! I'm jealous. You should have posted a picture with you and Tara (it was Tara, right?).

Anonymous said...

Hey, I heard about your baby news! Congratulations, very exciting!

Katlyn Papa said...

Looks like fun! Someday we will have to come there and you will have to be our tour guides! Matt is such a smarty itsn't he? It doesn't suprise me that he liked the library of congress. I used to copy off of him in Math all the time! You are what got me through 8th grade Matt, thanks!

Holly said...

I am so jealous. I have always wanted to go see all that history. We miss you guys soo much. All the kids in the neighborhood ask about Jace. Tell him we love him.

Holly

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I love DC! That is so awesome that you guys got to see so much! You guys are probably going to get a lot of visitors wanting to go to all these neat places! How fun!