Tuesday, January 13, 2009

PART 2






This weekend we were able to go to Niagara Falls and stopped in Palmyra, New York on the way, The picture of the hill is the Hill Cumorah where Joseph Smith recieved the the plates from Moroni. 3 miles away from the Hill Cumorah is the Smith farm. It is a 100 acre farm with two houses on it. The first house is the house that Alvin Smith built for the Smith family before he died and the log cabin is the original family house first built on the farm. Upstairs in the cabin is where Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith. It is also where the translation of the plates began. The picture of the grove of trees is the sacred grove where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. I was the only visitor to the farm that day and so it was a very spiritual experience for me. Hopefully in the Summer we will go back and see it when it is warmer and spend a little more time there.

4 comments:

Danilee and Kaden said...

Sounds like a great experience. I want to go there hopefully this year.

Anonymous said...

The picures are so beautiful!! Hopefully one day Jake and I can make it out there too!! I'm glad you guys had a good trip!

Jaime said...

Love these pictures! The snow looks VERY cold, but I'm sure it was a moving experience!

Michelle and Javier said...

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to see those places :)